Wednesday, December 22, 2010

NYC 2010 - Brooklyn Flea

Saturday morning I got up early, stopped at the Dunkin' Donuts for my coconut coffee and took the Q-train to the Atlantic Avenue stop for a visit to the Brooklyn Flea.  During the winter, the Flea moves indoors to a former bank.  This is a junker's delight!  If it's vintage, kitsch or kewl, it can be found here.


When I was about 11 years old, the daughter of one of my mother's girlfriends gave me a stack of these romance comic books.  When my mom discovered I was reading this "trash", she threw them into the trash-bin.  Well, I was crazy for these comic books, and I secretly salvaged them and hid them in my closet behind my Barbie Townhouse and my Barbie Jetliner.  When my mom would take her afternoon nap, I would carefully make a selection and get lost in Desiree's or Gina's torrid love affair with Rick or Lorenzo or Stefan.  Coincidently, I became boy-crazy about the same time!

1 comment:

DJS3 said...

that explains some things...